Worked from 8 – 11 am. Today I stitched up the side panels and transom. Then, I mixed up some epoxy/wood flour to a peanut butter consistency and tabbed the interior seams. Here are a few photos.
Month: October 2012
A Polliwog for Caleb
Worked from 8:30 am – 1:30 pm. Today’s the first day of building a Devlin designed Polliwog for my 3-year old grandson Caleb. I lofted the hull panels and cut them out. Then I stitched the chine of the bottom panels and open and held them into place with a Spanish windless. Here are a…
Abi-Gale: A True Rudder
Last year I built a small 3 strake pram for my grand daughter Abigail. I did a little multi-using by using an oar to make up part of the mast assembly for a gaff rig cat. I also used the other oar for the rudder. The mast worked out but the oar for rudder did…
The last couple of days I built my old friend Jerry Johnson a set of large shop doors (6’x11’6″each) replacing a 10’x8′ overhead door so he can remove the 26′ fishboat he’s just about to finish from his shop. I also sanded and added a coat of Cetol to “KyleeLilly’s” interior. Two more coats to…
KyleeLilly Touch Up
Over the last few days I have done a complete sanding to my granddaughters, Kylee and Lillian’s Ladybug wheelbarrow boat designed by Harry Bryan. I put 4 coats of Cetol to “KyleeLilly’s” brightwork and a fresh coat of Easypoxy to her topside. Once dry I plan to work on her interior.