Wheelbarrow Boat – Clear Vertical Grain Fir Oars

April 27, yesterday I disassembled and reassembled the entire inside of the vessel with epoxy. Today, I started the process of building a set of clear vertical grain fir oars. I first ripped them and then ran them through the table saw turning the shaft into an octagon, then put them on the lathe and spun the handles. I then removed them and glued and clamped 2 two foot long pieces to each side of each shaft. These will be the spade part of the oar. While they dry I did a quick sanding and vacuum job on the boats interior and applied the seal coat.

Next post we will finish up the oars and begin adding more and more coats of varnish to the boat.

This entry was posted in Harry Bryan, Ladybug Wheelbarrow Boat, Wooden Boats. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.