Saturday. Today the Wheelbarrow project is compete with the building of the set of oars. Just a quick reminder that this boat and oars were built 100% with wood that came from logs reclaimed and milled that were floating down the Columbia a River!
Wednesday. Very early this morning I got the wheel installed, then at 8:15 am a friend helped me flip it over. I sanded and varnished it. Tomorrow I’ll start on a set of oars to fit this little vessel.
2-17-16 Wednesday. Today I cut the hole for the wheel, fiberglassed and epoxy sealed the well. This afternoon I put a coat of paint on it. Tomorrow I’ll fare it and add another coat of paint after I install the wheel.
2-16-16 Tuesday. Today I put in 4 hours prepping the wood, building and fitting the hardwood oarlock mounts for two station, and sealed all the raw wood with epoxy.
Wednesday. Today, I spent 7 hours pretty much finishing all the carpentry on the boat. The wheel well, forward bench seat along with the thwart that will support the tips of the oars and the inwales were cut and fit. I then mixed epoxy with wood flour and filled the holes. The 2″ holes are drilled thru the aft…
Tuesday. Today I put in 10 hours cutting and fitting the knees, ribs and aft bench seat. Then epoxy mixed with wood flour and filled all holes and voids. After the holes were filled I mixed clear epoxy and sealed the wood. Tomorrow I’ll be working on the forward wheelbarrow wheel well.