The “Slough Coot” is finished and tucked away for the winter!
She’s pretty much complete!
Here are a couple of side by side photos of before and after the refit and complete restoration of this Dudley Dix design Cape Henry 21. I need to install 4 fair leads for the headsail sheets and install the new interior 4″ high density cushions. This should happen by mid week. At that time…
Early this morning, Josey and I tried our luck fishing for Fall Chinook…not! The sunrise was a beauty though!!! This may not look like much but I replaced and added the shrouds and head stays. The previous was made of steel cable and over galvanized sized turnbuckles. I refit the works with stainless steel everything. Also I added a roller…
This is kind of and overall post concerning the re-construction of this Dudley Dix Cape Henry 21 gaff cutter rig. There will be one more post of the interior with her new cushions once they are made and installed. But the balance of the next posts will be of the re-rigging!
Yesterday I installed all the light fixtures and electronics, including 12v bilge pump and depth sounder. Today I cleaned up and did a bunch of touch up painting. Next week the cushions should be done and installed by Thursday or Friday. On Tuesday I plan to start re-rigging her.
Yesterday I pulled all new electrical wiring throughout! Today I refit all the trim and cabinet fronts. The original was a rubbed stain that looked like shoe polish. I painted over it all with off-white and jade green. Tomorrow I will reinstall all the electrical fixtures and install a 12v bilge pump and a depth sounder.
This morning I painted the two quarter berths. The interior painting is complete. In a couple days I’ll re-install the cabinet fronts and light fixtures. Then begin the installation of the electronics.
Yesterday I prepped the cabin for paint. Today I painted all but the quarter berths under the cockpit.
The exterior is pretty much complete. What’s left is the rigging and a little brightwork. I’ve moved into the cabin, working on the fit and finish of all fillets. I’ll mask, texture and then paint. These photos easily show where the old leaking plexiglass windows were and replaced with proper openable port lights.