Wednesday, today we launched. Craig and Henry are standing in front of their new boat. The launch went perfectly, the only adjustment that needs to be made is the tilt of the motor. Once this is done the bow will ride just a little higher.
Tuesday, last night I masked off the interior and the deck and cut in a fresh coat of Pettit 3706 pearl gray. This morning I removed the masking tape and then mounted the 12 volt power socket and the bow anchor fair lead. Tomorrow we launch :-).
Thursday, I completed installation of all the hardware and electrical components along with the 40 hp Yamaha outboard motor. I need to add a few more coats of varnish and add another coat of gray topside paint. Then she will be really finished.
Wednesday, today was a great day! At 9 am several friends came to the shop to flip the boat and put it on its trailer. We rolled the boat back into the shop, so I can start mounting the hardware and other stuff like wiring, deck plates, bilge pump, motor and who knows what else.
Tuesday. Yesterday late afternoon I put in 2 hours sanding the first coat of green with 220 grit and added a second coat. At 1:30 am this Tuesday morning I painted the bottom with Interlux Micron CSC 5582 Red. I painted just short of the masking tape. This took 2 hours. At 6:30 am I…
Sunday, I worked 9 hours fairing the hull. I then added some masking and applied the first coat of Easypoxy Jade Green topcoat. If things go as planned, she should be on her trailer this coming Wednesday.
Yesterday I put in 7 hours fitting the spray rail and skeg along with sanding the hull prepping it for the fairing compound application. Today I spent 4 hours applying the West 410 fairing compound. Tomorrow I start longboard sanding.
Thursday I prepped the hull and fiberglassed it. It was a 7 hour day.
Wednesday, today was a great day. 15 friends came to the shop at 9 am and helped me turn the vessel. Once they all left, I did the last of the carpentry. I cut and fit the spray rails and skeg. The spray rail and skeg will be removed then refit with epoxy once fiberglass…
Sunday. Yesterday, I put in 4 hours prepping the boat for the truck bedliner/paint shoot. The prep consisted of vacuuming, washing all surfaces with warm water and then masking. Today, it took 1 hour to do the shoot. I think it turned out nice. What you get with this method is a no-skid deck plus…